Water is one of the countries precious commodities, and thousands of litres of water go to waste every day. Did you know that a 0,5mm hole in a pipe can waste up to 475 litres of water in 24hrs (based on 5 bar pressure)
A leaking pipe is caused by various factors:
- Old Age
- Incorrect Installation
- High Water Pressure
- Inferior Quality of materials
- Extremely Cold Temperatures
And how would you see if you had a leaking water pipe?
- The continuous sound of running water even though all the taps are off and there are no geyser overflows.
- Has your water account escalated for no reason?
- There are signs of damp walls, paving or grass.
- Luke warm water from the geyser and there are warm areas on your floor, especially in bathroom or kitchen floors or walls.
Burgess and Partners Plumbing Services have an early warning metering system that can be monitored to tell you if you have a leak.
By using the latest and most up to date equipment the success rate on finding an underground leak is almost 100% accurate.
By using gas and an electronic sensor machine escaping gas is picked up and traced.
It is also effective in the location of gas pipe leaks.
Another method we use is the use of a ground microphone. This machine is able to pick up the sound of running water from a leaking pipe. This can also be used for leaking pipes in walls.
We can trace underground water pipes. Galvanised and copper pipes, electrical cables, stormwater and sewer lines can all be located by using our transmitter with a hand held pipe locator.
By using the above mentioned systems we can eliminate the need for excess digging and consequential damage to properties.